Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Traldi Athos. Cold pressed olive oil obtained solely by mechanical means.
- Olive varieties: Frantoio, Moraiolo.
- Producer: The Traldi Family.
- Region of origin: Lazio, Italy.
- Harvest period: Middle of October.
- Harvest method: Mechanical and by hand.
- Extraction temperature: Cold olive oil extraction 25ºC.
- Chemical analysis: Acidity 0,1% - 0,2%.
- Volume: 500 ml, 1L.
- Shipping weight, inc. packaging: 1,211 kg, 1,349 kg.
Extra virgin olive oil Athos is a superior blend of Frantoio and Moraiolo olives, which are native to the Umbria and Tuscany regions of Italy. The Moraiolo olives gives this olive oil its bold and fruity flavour, with strong notes of green grass, artichoke, and a peppery finish.
Olive oil Athos has a slightly bitter taste that is typical of high-quality extra virgin olive oils, and a pungent aroma that can be quite fragrant. Athos offers extremely high concentration of polyphenols. The oil is strong and fruity, with a medium-intense aftertaste, subtle spicy notes and a pleasant fresh almond, with hints of rocket, chicory and tomato.
Extra virgin olive oil Athos is great as a finishing oil, drizzled over dishes just before serving to enhance their flavour. It is also good in salads, marinades, and as a dip for bread.
Just a few drops of Athos extra virgin olive oil enhance any dish, especially grilled meats and soups. The strong flavour profile of Athos olive oil makes it an excellent choice for pairing with strong-flavoured foods, such as red meats and hearty vegetables.