Extra Virgin Olive Oil Protoleo. Early harvest of olives Kolovi and wild olives. Cold pressed unfiltered olive oil obtained solely by mechanical means.
- Olive varieties: Kolovi and wild olives.
- Producer: The Protoulis Family.
- Region of origin: Lesvos, Greece. Protected Geographical Indication.
- Harvest period: Middle of October.
- Harvest method: By hand
- Extraction temperature: Cold olive oil extraction 23ºC
- Chemical Analysis: Acidity 0,2% Max.
- Cultivation method: Conventional.
- Volume: 350 ml.
- Shipping weight, inc. packaging: 0,943 kg.
Besides, olives should be pressed within the harvest day to save their taste and to avoid acidity.
Like all unfiltered oils, Protoleo has one feature - after some time, the sediment settles at the bottom of the bottle. Don’t worry, this is normal, it indicates the purity of olive oil. Also, please note that unfiltered olive oil loses its taste after opening the bottle very quickly. Therefore, it is better to consume it within a few weeks after opening.
Protoleo is an olive oil from olives Kolovi and wild olives.
Wild olives don't have any variety name. No one knows for sure when and who planted these trees. They have been growing for several hundred years on their own in the remote rocky areas of Lesvos. It is the wild olives that give this olive oil its unique piquant taste, intense aroma and such a bright, rich green color.
Olive oil Protoleo has a smooth full-bodied taste with a slightly bitter finish and a fruity-herbal aroma with hints of freshly-cut unripe olives.
This olive oil pairs well with juicy steak, pasta or grilled fish. Protoleo is also good for young and medium ripe cheeses, cream soup as well as caesar or guacamole salads.