Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil AEGAEA BIO. Early harvest of organic olives. Cold pressed olive oil obtained solely by mechanical means.
- Olive variety: Kolovi.
- Producer: The Protoulis Family.
- Harvest period: October 20th - November 20th
- Harvest method: By hand.
- Oil production method: Centrifugation in 2 or 3 phases.
- Extraction temperature: Cold olive oil extraction 25ºC
- Chemical Analysis: Acidity 0,2% Max.
- Cultivation method: Organic.
- Region of origin: Lesvos, Greece, Protected Geographical Indication.
- Volume: 500 ml.
- Shipping weight, inc. packaging: 1,481 kg.
It is the organic version of AEGAEA olive oil, made from the same kind of olives - Kolovi. Because of organic way of farming, an olive tree grows surrounded by a variety of wild herbs (rosemary, fennel, thyme, oregano) getting their rich taste and aromatic nuances. Therefore tasting this olive oil you can find light shades of these herbs.
AEGAEA BIO is an early harvest cold pressed olive oil, so it has high levels of oleocanthal and oleacein antioxidants. These are natural phenolic compounds found in extra virgin olive oil. According to various studies, they have anti-inflammatory properties, protect the heart and vascular system. It is they that make olive oil healthy. And it is they that cause the burning sensation that occurs in the back of the throat when you taste real extra virgin olive oil.
Olive oil AEGAEA BIO has a full fresh flavour with a touch of grass and dried tomatoes. Its saturated herb and olive fruity taste as well as rich texture goes well with salads, white cheeses and fresh vegetables.
Premium organic extra virgin olive oil AEGAEA BIO in white ceramic bottle is not only a magical aroma and delicate taste. It's also the best olive oil to buy if you are looking for a great gift idea.