Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Frantoio, with a Gift Box. Early harvest of organic olives. Cold pressed olive oil obtained solely by mechanical means.
- Olive variety: Frantoio.
- Producer: The Deortegas Family.
- Harvest period: Middle of October.
- Harvest method: Mechanical and by hand.
- Extraction temperature: Cold olive oil extraction 25ºC.
- Chemical analysis: Acidity 0,1% - 0,2%.
- Cultivation method: Organic.
- Volume: 500 ml.
- Region of origin: Murcia, Spain.
Frantoio is an Italian olive variety and its homeland is Tuscany. However, Frantoio has long ceased to be only Italian olive oil and is produced all over the world.
Organic olive oil Frantoio appeared in the Deortegas family in 2020.
In 2021, this oil won an award at the prestigious International competition Japan Olive Oil Prize (JOOP) in Tokyo.
Tasting this olive oil we find intense fruity and floral aroma with shades of cut grass and olive leaf.
This combination is very characteristic of Frantoio.
We can also smell some banana and apple aromas.
Mild velvety taste comes in the beginning, then palate fills with a light bitterness.
Distinctive pungent and peppery finish on the back of throat. And long fruity aftertaste with tropical citrus hints.
Also, it's a good idea to try Frantoio with burrata and gorgonzola cheeses. After all, it still sounds like Italian olive oil...